One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What a Year... or Two.

When I was fortunate enough to find my first teaching job, I realized that I wanted to keep a blog to document all of the trials and tribulations that a first year teacher goes through. As you can see, I obviously did a fantastic job (my last post was September 2012 I believe). Ha!

My best friend, Lindsay for SPED and Sunshine's blog has given me some much needed inspiration to get back into this blogging thing. I wish I would have kept up with it, I always say that after last year I need to go ahead and write a memoir. Hearing about everything that I happened in my first year would definitely be a best seller.

Fifth grade was certainly interesting, I left last year thinking I would never teach again.  Thankfully, God made it all work out. He put my resume in my current principals hands and she called me. The rest is history! I am currently happily a Talented and Gifted teacher in a school in Northern Virginia. I am appreciated, valued, and love my job!


I am so thankful that god put this position in my hands and encouraged me to not give up on something that my heart is truly in.

Over the next few weeks I will be writing about everything that you have missed over the past year and a half and keeping you updated on the end of the year chaos that is happening. After that I will be updated for teaching tips for teaching our gifted learners and ideas for exceeding the Virginia standards.

You should also take a minute and hope on over to Sped and Sunshine and meet the FABULOUS Lindsay. Here is a picture of us from back in high school making a video for class. It was obviously a very interesting moment. :)



Happy Teaching!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again! Yes, you could write a memoir. Just the different experience you had between last year and this year is crazy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete