One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Five for Friday! Linky Party


Decided it was time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my first Five for Friday! Now or never, right?


It's getting so close! Can't believe SOL testing is upon us. Trying to keep doing creative things to reinforce the standards, but today our poor projector died! Guess it'll be a lot of centers since Smartboard review games are out of the question right now.




Love this Fraction Quilt Bingo activity from Margaret Matchet over at TPT. Used it last year with my fifth graders and this year with my fourth and sixth graders, they loved it! To make it even better, it's free and the "quilts" turned out so great!

We are currently reading A Wrinkle in Time right now. How have I never read this book before now? Some of the kids are saying that they don't like it or that it is too confusing, but i'm going to go ahead and order the next four books in the series. I have a feeling they won't be putting it down soon enough.


Especially when your day isn't going so hot, always nice to receive a little love! Got this sweet note from my principal yesterday, made my whole week!

And last but not least....

I won tickets from a local radio station, HOT 99.5, to go see the Lady Gaga concert that was moved to earlier this week. So glad I got to spend some time with my bestie before she leaves me this summer to go get her masters in Social Work.



Happy Friday y'all and happy teaching! 


3 comments:

  1. And of course, after reading today they were BEGGING me to not stop. I knew it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that note from your principal especially! You deserve it! I hope I land in a school with great administrate support! What a difference a year and school make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! We have the exact same googly eye poster, and that's exactly which picture mine is flipped to right now! It's so neat to find another VA blogger. Good luck with testing!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
    Follow me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete