One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Success in Secondary Linky Party!

I'm feeling quite ambitious today and am spending a relaxing evening at home after going to opening night of my school's musical (and it was amazing! More to come about this later this weekend).  Found 4mula Fun today and am already obsessed! So many great ideas that I need to borrow!  While there I read about their Success in Secondary Linky and couldn't resist. :)




It's nice to find some cute stuff for the older grades. I teach elementary talented and gifted so I teach higher material but with younger kids. Obsessed with her products... my TPT "to buy" list is getting way to long now!   

If you are a Virginia teacher you may find my SOL checklists helpful. Currently I have them made for second through sixth grade standards in math. My goal this summer is to get them for the other subjects as well. I am obsessed with mine and have shared it with other teachers at my school and they love it too! I must admit that I created it to be used from the beginning of the school year, but I restarted mine at the end of the year. I like it to do quick checks with  my class and see what skills we still need to work on. In honor of this being a secondary linky party, feel free to grab my sixth grade checklist below(Click the picture)!



Also, if you are looking for some practical uses for dividing with decimals, check out my Great Toilet Paper Debate activity. We all know that the big word floating around the teaching world is rigor. That being said, we need to find real world applications for math. Honestly, I just wanted to know what brand of toilet paper to buy. But somehow my question turned into an activity that allows students to do internet research, lots of computation, and finally some problem solving and critical thinking to make a real world decision about what brand of toilet paper they should buy. Check it out below!




Time to get some shut eye for this girl. My big is graduating with her Masters in Special Education tomorrow! It's going to be a busy day celebrating her accomplishments!
Happy Teaching!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog today! I love finding new upper grade bloggers and now I get to be lucky that I found yours!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete