One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Classroom Set-Up Days One and Two

Hey!

It has been absolutely CRAZY around here! Last Thursday I was finally able to get in my classroom and deal with the chaos. One of my Math and Science Institute training sessions was cancelled so I was able to go work! I got rid of all of the extra stuff and got my room settled.

Here are some pictures of what I have got done so far.  It definitely needs a lot of work, but it's getting there!



This is where I am going to work with my small groups.  I thought I had measured correctly, but my fabric was too short! I ended up triple layering my borders to cover it! (Oh and the fabric is much cuter in person)


This is my reading nook/ class library.  I will be putting something on the back of the bookcase for my kiddos to look at :) Oh and my Redskins bear is housed here... they are coming back this year!


This is quite possibly the part of my room that I am the most excited about! Got this idea from Pinterest, I think the original was geared towards older kids with smart phones so I changed it a bit.  They are going to love it!!!


The two pictures above are the front of my classroom so far.

And lastly, my sign in the hallway! I'm official.


So excited to get a lot more done tomorrow!  Just hoping that I don't get stuck in two hour traffic like I did today from the picture below.  Luckily, everyone involved in the accident was okay!



Hope everyone is having a good first few days of school too!  


1 comment:

  1. Teaching can become a boredom, if you are not using various methods and activities. Besides, kids love that. At college org there are numerous teacher's guides for college and university. Mostly, for 6-7th grades.

    ReplyDelete