One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

This Year's Classroom

Last year I was fortunate enough to realize how important it was to make a room you LOVE. You spend so much time in your classroom that you need to make sure it is some place that you like spending time in. I was also presented an additional challenge this year, I get a half classroom. Thankfully it turned into a cozy little nook. I can honestly say that although we are almost done with the school year, I still enjoy being in it!  Take a peek!



The view of my room from the window. I love having fabric cover my desk, I feel like it makes the whole room come together more! The hanging talk bubbles are Accountable Talk Stems from Miss Sampson over at TPT. I love them! The Wonder Wall is an idea that I got after looking at many other teacher bloggers. Didn't get to use it as much as I liked this year, but next year it'll be in full swing!

 In this picture you can see my reading and math word walls, "Help Yourself Center" full of manipulatives, calculators, and other resources students may need, and our super cute bunting! It's hard to believe that a coworker got that bunting super cheap at a yard sale!


Finally, a place for homework to be recorded and to hold all of our "Productive Thinking" more to come about that soon! This picture is also Pre-Smartboard. I love my SmartBoard, but I can't help but miss all of that extra whiteboard space!

Hard to believe that in five weeks all of this hard work will be coming down for summertime cleaning. It took so long to put up! I thought that was supposed to be a benefit of staying at the same school? ;)

Happy Teaching!





1 comment:

  1. I love your classroom! It is so. . . you! I wish I could have seen it before you have to take it all down. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete