One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Classroom Catastrophe and the Too Long To-Do List

This morning I woke up and all I could think was, "Yay! I finally get to start moving stuff in my classroom today!"  Got ready, drove all the way to school and entered my room ready to get it all started.... but it didn't work out exactly how I planned.

Now I had already known that there were a few bookshelves in my room that needed to be moved to another room.  But as I started to take stock of things I realized that I had...

42 Desks (If I have 42 students I think I need a pay raise) along with a bunch of other stuff that isn't mine :(

 I attempted to move everything that wasn't mine out of the middle of the floor.  I figured that I could at least move the desks.... not really.  It's kind of hard to visualize where everything goes when you have stuff lining the room that isn't yours... and a bunch of extra desks. My fingers are crossed that tomorrow I can talk to someone to help me figure this all out :) 

The other day I decided that I should put all of my plans on a to-do list to help me get organized.  My to do list is a bit longer than expected...

And I'm having a hard time doing any of it.  I'm so excited for my classroom, but there is so much on that list! I think I'm going to try to chunk into manageable pieces.  I just can't wait to get it all done and for the kiddos to arrive!

Hope y'all are having a more successful beginning of the year than I am!



1 comment:

  1. So much in our educational system is ignored - like how to grow food, how to repair things, how to build things, learn foreign languages, staying healthy through proper diet and exercise, critical thinking, etc. etc. It's main goal seems to be create patriotic citizens who toe the line, and buy into a corrupt system. Thanks for your sincere posts. I'm thinking of a school advisor job and need to write my personal statement for this.

    ReplyDelete