One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Moving on Up

After going to my first job interview this summer (at a school that I fell in LOVE with) I was hired as a fourth grade teacher.  I was beyond excited, I could not wait to start! Then I received an email... I had been moved to fifth.  Now to say I didn't have any problems with teaching fifth grade would be a lie. My overdramatic self had constantly said I would teach ANYTHING except for fifth grade. When I was student teaching I had the most amazing cooperating teacher but a very challenging class.  I loved the kids, but they stressed me out... A LOT. I didn't really want to work with fifth graders again... but it's all in God's hands and I'm guessing he wants me to get back on the horse. So that's what I'm doing.

My nervousness is gone.  I'm sure that this will be a great class and a wonderful experience. I'll probably end up loving it and teach it forever. But now onto challenge number one, what am I supposed to do with room 17?


I guess I'll have to figure it out soon enough. Now it's time to go paint some of the goodies I bought yesterday!  I'll post pictures soon!


1 comment:

  1. I would say to any parent who wants to arm teachers by tablets; these shootings are still extremely rare. I have a kid off at college, and I am not afraid that he haven't ability to study and do my homework for me

    ReplyDelete