One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Five for Friday... I mean Saturday :)

Well, Friday got away from me, but I didn't want to miss linking  up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five for Saturday. 


First of all, yesterday was the last day of Young Scholars. What an amazing experience for the kids and for us! There will be more to come about this amazing program and how I believe it will positively affect our students. This week we got to go on a field trip to Dyke's Marsh in Alexandria. The kids got go out in paddle boats. So many of them have never been on a boat before. They also got to see a real wetland. 



On Thursday, we went to Kenilworth Gardens in Washington, D.C. Who would have thought this gem was located right inside of the city?


It was absolutely beautiful! The pictures from my phone just don't do it justice. 


My favorite picture of the day is the one that I snapped of one of my kids. I love his safari hat and how he brought his sketch pad with him on the trip so that he could sketch everything that he was seeing! 



Yesterday was our very last day of Young Scholars. I mentioned last week that the students created presentations with Haiku Deck. Yesterday they got to share them with the class. They all created one on Wetlands, but my resident dino expert made his on prehistoric wetlands. I'm so proud of how they turned out!



Fourth, today is my birthday! I'm happy to say that my apartment is full of my best friends and that I am ringing in 25 with a bang! I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. 


Especially this girl who I have been blessed to spend 12 birthdays with!


Finally, I'm excited to be participating in our Teacher's College Reading and Writing Project home grown workshop this week. I was our school's writing chairperson last year and was able to go to monthly workshops for TCRWP, it's going to be four days full of writing workshop. I'm so incredibly excited! 



How is the end of your summer turning out? Doing any exciting professional development? 


No comments:

Post a Comment