One scatterbrained teacher taking it a day at a time and trying to incorporate as much technology, fun, and glitter as humanly possible.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tech Tuesday: Padlet

Hey Everyone! 

Today I'm in a Math Institute with my county. We are delving into our new curriculum guides and learning about our new math series Expressions. I must admit, it is better than what we had, but i'm so bummed that we didn't choose to adopt Investigations. 

Yesterday, during my Monday Made It, I mentioned that I plan to be doing the 40 Book Challenge with my students this year. In order to collaborate with the other class at another school that will be doing it as well, we will be using a website called Padlet. Padlet is a great website and resource to use for collaboration within your class or with others. 

Your first steps are to go to Padlet. When you get there you are going to see a screen that looks like this:


One of the best things about Padlet, is that you don't even have to create an account. This way, your students can easily create these on their own. You can also go ahead and create an account which is nice when you are wanting to be able to use all of your padlets in one location. If you want to create accounts for each of your students and need help with having email addresses for each one, feel free to hop on over to my blog post about using one gmail account for multiple student emails

These padlets are extremely easy to create. Honestly, there is no tutorial needed! Click the modify Padlet button on the sidebar and you can then : change the wallpaper, the layout, the privacy, if you choose to receive notifications, and you can change the web address of the wall. This is the one of the pages I plan to use for the 40 Book Challenge with my students. Eventually, I plan to have tons of responses on here, but this is the page I will be providing with my students at the beginning of the year. Head on over to check out our Fantasy Suggestion Padlet page. Feel free to play around with it while you are there. I plan to recreate it for my students come fall.



How could you see yourself using Padlet in your classroom?



1 comment:

  1. I am not a Native American and I studied in another country. Reading your article made me realize that we had zero interaction with our teachers. They would just come and go. Yes, we could definitely ask them some questions after the class was over. But it was not even nearly the same as you are describing here. Naturally, the attitude was the same. Mane of our students applied to these paid essays online, others did not read books and just used critics. I have so many examples! I wish we had a teacher like you are.

    ReplyDelete